Thursday, September 10, 2009

The final year project’s destination

Where should I start first? Oh, okay! This morning I got a vitamin C for sahur. Assuming that it was like a kacang dewa given by Kakaroct, I hope that I can survive until maghrib (and now practicing Qi Gong to mantain my energy level).

It was a long hiatus since my last entry. I don't know if any silent reader there waiting to read mine, sorry guys. I'm currently busy with my final year project – coming back home to get the oil palm leaves as samples, bringing them back to USM by bus, cutting them into pieces for the whole nights, removing contamination, washing them thoroughly for more than six hours, waiting for them to dry in oven for the next eight days, grinding the dry leaves to turn into powder, extracting the crude with methanol for seven days, and yielding only 10 percent product from the raw material – my goodness! Thank god that I enjoy every pieces of the time I spend on it.

The problem is I don't have my own lab that I have to rush here and there to run my project. Since then, I traveled a lot of place here in USM. I had to get my samples in Sitiawan hometown since my father has grown some oil palm at the backyard (and the fact that my family felt so boring that I meet them almost every week). But it was rather okay than trespassing someone's plantation and you'll get shot and lying on the bed for three months at the General Hospital.

The next thing, I have to get permission from the supervisor at INFORMM so that I can borrow the apparatus and other material, run to Botany Lab to wash and dry the leaves, rush to School of Pharmacy to grind them into powder and extract with methanol, go to Biotech Lab to proceed for next step of extracting, then move back to SoP to evaporate the solution and get the crude extract product, work for the next fortnight with mice at animal house, and lastly prepare some slides at Histology lab.

Reading the paragraph in one breath can make you exhausted but doing all those procedures that I mentioned above for the whole semester is like becoming a zombie. There are so many places that I have to go to work on my project that will make me tired. But like what Intan said to me last day, at least I already went to the places where some people don't have a chance to go (well, I should have a lab in Paris then).

To Bro Firdaus, thanks for this card. Sorry for the late posting. Hehe.

2 comments:

irfat said...

kesian giler dowh kat ko,,
terkejar ke sane, terkejar kesni,,
aishoo,,
respek la kat lu bro,,

patutle lame tak update,,
pasnih rerajin le update, oke,,

irfat said...

kesian giler dowh kat ko,,
terkejar ke sane, terkejar kesni,,
aishoo,,
respek la kat lu bro,,

patutle lame tak update,,
pasnih rerajin le update, oke,,