Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good Day, Mate! - Day 1 (Part 1)

Hola, amigos. Yamseng!

Yamseng kepala otak kau. Inikan bulan Ramadhan. Haa... jemput. Jemput. Makan kurma tu lebih sikit.

*intro yang sangat bedebah*

Well, anyway, back to the story. We reached Tullamarine Airport around 7:50AM. So it took about almost eight hours to get from Malaysia to Australia. Lepas keluar dari perut kapal terbang tu we all walked along the tunnel until we were greeted by the local custom officer at the entrance.

Actually not.

She didn't greeted us like "Hi, welcome to Tullamarine Airport. Enjoy your day here." She was actually standing there to examine the passengers and see if there were any suspects.

But it was my damn fault all the way long *I hate me for being me, you know*

Because I looked at her like LOOKED at her macam minta attention. It's like "Hey lady, please looked at me back. I'm an attention seeker and I'm from Malaysia. Read my lips: AT-TEN-TION SEE-KAH. You hear me?!"

Ambik ko, sekali dia perasan saya pandang dia, terus dia panggil and kena soal siasat. Putus urat sekejap. Hahaha.

She asked us so many things like what we're doing there, how long we would be there, tinggal kat mana nanti, bilik ada berapa, muat ke tak. I was so lucky that I knew such questions will be asked because Australians are very particulars about this and Akak Besa' has told me earlier. We were not supposed to stay with my sister because it is HER house. Kalau nak jumpa dia boleh jumpa kat tempat lain like dekat park or club or anywhere as long as not at home. And let say kalau ada dua bilik je dalam satu rumah, the family members are not allowed to be more than three. Lebih kurang macam tu. Sebab budaya kat sana mementingkan privasi. Even antara famili sendiri pun. Sebab tu saya mentioned awal tadi yang we're not supposed to stay at my sister house. So saya tipu here and there.

Saya perasan all the other passengers elok je went away to the checking counter. Famili kitorang je yang stranded kena tahan dengan that local custom officer. Susah betul kalau ada dalam satu group tu ada orang nerd bermasalah macam aku ni. Hahaha.

So we proceeded to the checking counter but in the middle we stop untuk ambil gambar sebab ada spot yang yang menarik. Again, kena tahan lagi dengan  officer yang sama sebab we were supposed not to take picture in the free tax area. Perempuan ni dah macam followed saya all the way long from behind and perhatikan saya. She asked me to delete all the pictures taken there before she went away. Awkward betul masa tu. Oh my, malu tahap siput sedut dah ni.

At the luggage checking counter, I would say it was quite smooth. Walaupun Mak ada bawa kuah kacang kering, saya bawa sos dan kicap, Kak Yong bawa mi segera and tat nenas, semuanya passed. Alhamdulillah. My brother said it all depends on the person in charge. Kalau okay, then okay lah. It just that dairy and egg products yang memang tak boleh bawa masuk (See, I've to lie about the ingredients of the tat nenas).

Dan akhirnya... Jeng! Jeng! Jeng! Kami lepas! Actually this was the part I was most afraid of. Sebab takut kena tangkap sebab bawa kuih raya yang mengandungi telur. Kalau masuk jail sebab bawa dadah kira up la sikit kan, nampak la macho sikit. Tapi sebab dah level noob, maka takat bawa telur pun dah boleh jadi reason masuk lokap. Hahaha.

Okay, see you next time for Day 1 part two!

No comments: