Friday, November 22, 2013

You do, don't you?

This evening, one of my best 'ah so' friend and I went to a book fair at Cheras where they sell books as lowest as MYR3. And this was my second visit after I went there last night, accidentally, while looking for new washing machine.

My now ex-housemate took back his washing machine. Sob...sob...

Anyway, my friend and I share the same niche which is we're crazy for books, and by that I mean cheap books like this fair - but we admit, it's hard to manage to read them all in a year or two. In practical, we're like building sebuah kutub khanah like what my eldest sister said (or in worse case scenario *mine* in plastic bags under the bed.) and God knows what to expect for people like me.

The passion is more on the spirit of buying the books themselves rather than to read them. And knowing it, I just set my date for another book fair which will happen next two weeks. Cli-max!

Anyway, saya berjaya mengawal nafsu saya malam ni (don't ever think out of the box.) Saya beli tiga buah buku saja and all of them are non-fictional. Alhamdulillah , I'm blessed. Haha.

My friend bought more than 10. Crap!

God will bless her.

After making her payment, I volunteered myself to carry her things. Gentleman as I proclaimed myself, very deep down in my heart.

She said, "you don't mind?"

So I said "Yes -"

"Yes, you mind." She joked and I laughed and made a poker face because I was thinking back so hard about my answer.

No.

Practically, it's impossible for you to make a poker face while laughing. You will end up be weird like Hitler's moustache.

The first issue I want to raise here is her full question should be: "You don't mind, do you?"

Which will easily help me to answer the question:
"Yes, I do mind."
"Yes, I don't mind."
"No, I do mind."
"No, I don't mind."

Actually no.

Clueless people like me have this disability of answering such type of question. I may come up with four different answers for this. I mean you won't know whether the yes or no is the answer for which questions - the do or the don't. So that has made me ponder a lot while at the same time having this weird nonsense face.

I hate such question.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: